The "AINanoTEC - Artificial Intelligence & Nanotechnology based Startups Entrepreneurial Programme" project, promoted by Fraunhofer, INL and INOVA-RIA, aims to boost an innovative entrepreneurship programme for young/entrepreneurial/researchers in areas linked to nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and ICT. A set of mapping and capture actions of ideas, technologies and technology-based startups will be streamlined and multidisciplinary entrepreneurial teams will be formed for the development of bootcamps - which include moments of co-working, thematic sessions, pitching, mentoring and competition between teams - acceleration programs and scale-up programs. The project's ambition is to welcome a large number of entrepreneurial initiatives that may result in the creation of new technology-based companies inserted in the international value chain.
The main operational objectives of the project include:
- Create and establish an integrated mechanism for capturing and selecting ideas, technologies and
ideas, technologies, and startups that result from knowledge-intensive activities;
- Raise an international network of stakeholders, consisting of strategic entities and linked to the
to the entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem;
- Create a network of specialized and multidisciplinary mentors, to be involved in the phases of bootcamp
acceleration and scale-up phases;
- Raise a network of investors (VC, BAS) national and international, providing access to financing opportunities of the scale-up of
to financing opportunities for the scale-up of technologies/products;
- Create multidisciplinary teams, involving entrepreneurs and researchers in the areas of AI,
ICT and Nanotechnologies, for the development of projects (ideas/technologies) in an environment of immersion
immersion, co-creation, co- competition and sharing of experiences;
- To implement customized support programs, according to the level of maturity of the
technologies and products.
The AINanoTEC project is structured in an action plan that comprises 5 core activities: Activity
Activity 1 - Scanning of ideas&startups and Networking; Activity 2 - Bootcamp - Empower and Match Making;
Activity 3 - Acceleration - Getting Ready (to Market); Activity 4 - Scale up - Establishing well in the
market; and Activity 5 - Coordination of national and international network of mentors and investors; 1
activity of communication, dissemination and diffusion of the project (Activity 6), 1 activity of management andmonitoring of the project (Activity 7) and will run for 36 months.